Tradition & Change – A tour and afternoon tea at Fernhill
Time & Location
About the Event
Bookings are now closed for this event.
Enjoy a tour and afternoon tea at the original John Jones Residence, Fernhill, which has housed the Dunedin Club since 1874.
The Dunedin Club has a distinguished history which stretches back to the pioneers of the 1850s. In 1848 the two settler ships John Wickliffe and Philip Laing berthed at Dunedin, bringing Otago's first European migrants. Ten years later, a group of entrepreneurs founded The Dunedin Club in rented premises in Maclaggan Street. The premises which the club occupies today were built by the colourful whaler, run holder and businessman John (Johnny) Jones in 1867. In 1874 the Club purchased Jones's Fernhill property. This historically significant building is a dignified example of mid-Victorian colonial architecture, set in spacious, landscaped grounds.
More information at www.dunedinclub.co.nz.
- One person$20+$0.50 Service fee$20+$0.50 Service fee0$0