Mary, Queen of Peace Church open afternoon
Time & Location
About the Event
FREE / koha
The Catholic Church (beside Fletcher House in Broad Bay) was built in 1898 by the first Polish settlers in Otago at Waihola on the Taieri Plain. It was originally named after the great Polish Saint - St. Hyacinth, a Dominican Brother, who lived in the XII century. In 1948 it was moved to its present location at Broad Bay and renamed Mary, Queen of Peace. Today the Church is cherished by both the Broad Bay and Polish communities in our region.
How to get here: coming from town, the entrance is very quick on the right-hand side and easy to miss. On the left-hand side, just before the turn off for the church is Cowal Street, which is sign-posted for the Broad Bay Cemetery.