RISING FROM THE GOLDEN GLOW: DUNEDIN’S LEGACY OF 19TH CENTURY ENTERPRISE
Alan Kynaston’s 40-page book Rising from the Golden Glow includes 53 articles tracing the development and subsequent fortunes of some 70 businesses that had their origins in Dunedin during the period between the first gold rush and the 1890s, when the city was the commercial capital of New Zealand.
WRITERS’ DUNEDIN: THREE HERITAGE WALKS
THE BNZ BUILDING: PRINCES ST DUNEDIN.
- A fully illustrated 40-page booklet examining the history and architecture of the iconic BNZ Building in Princes Street Dunedin
DUNEDIN HERITAGE TRAILS
- Neoclassical Architecture
OTAGO HARBOUR HERITAGE TRAILS
- The Port Side
NORTHERN CEMETERY TRAILS
- Tragedy Trail- an assortment of victims, heroes and villains
- Angel Walk – monuments featuring the image of an angel
- Nine Artists – the graves of nine people who won renown in the world of art
- Intriguing Ladies- find out about the lives of these fascinating Victorian women
- Gentlemen of Fortune – enterprising men who played a part in founding Dunedin
- Anzac Trail – the memorials of sixteen young soldiers who died in the Gallipoli campaign
- The Gold Trail – Find out about people whose businesses prospered during Dunedin’s gold rush years
- Memorial Roses – best New Zealand example of original memorial plantings
The guide to ‘The Roses of the Northern Cemetery’ produced by the Otago Branch of Heritage Roses New Zealand Inc. is available at a cost of $7 (proceeds benefit Heritage Roses NZ) Also available ‘The Roses of our Victorian Cemetery’ at a cost of $5.